Monday, August 13, 2012

Pygmalion Post 2


I plan on saving my money.
I can understand Alfred Doolittle’s perspective as Eliza’s father; however I do not agree with it.  It seems to me that he wants money to temporarily escape the world by drinking alcohol.  However, he needs money to drink.  In order to find money, Doolittle attempts getting money from Henry Higgins as allowance to let Higgins keep Doolittle’s daughter.  The way I am different than Alfred is that I do not impulsively spend my money on quick relief.   I would rather save my money, plan, and search for something I truly want and need.  I have what some would say a banker’s mentality; I would rather save money than spend it.  I am not saying that this is something everyone should do, but it is my opinion on what to do with my hard-earned cash.  Everyone has a unique idea on what to do with their money.  Some people would splurge and spend all their money quickly and be poor as a result. Two of my brothers constantly spend money on things that provide a short time of usefulness or pleasure.  For example, one brother buys new surf boards every year while my other brother buys new golf clubs every year.  
My brother Jonah's next purchase.
  I plan to spend my money more conscientiously.  I believe that by carefully planning, you can spend more of your money on bigger items that you want most or that will help you with your long-terms goals.  I particularly want to save money to buy an orange Chevrolet pick-up truck when I turn sixteen in two years.   Spending money on getting drunk provides only a short suspension from facing the reality of whatever problems Doolittle was trying to avoid.  Personally, I believe that getting drunk doesn’t address how to fix problems, but just delays the inevitable fact that problems are still there in your life.  Saving your money and using it to help fix your problems could be a road to a solution.
Saving money is always a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment